This page describes how to add content to a completely empty course shell. Only use these processes for a course shell that is completely empty.
Note: If you have existing Blackboard course content in another shell, you can use the Blackboard Course Copy Process to copy content.
Choose and Download Appropriate Course Package
Choose the course structure that fits your needs:
- Remote Teaching Course Structure: For instructors who find themselves teaching their face-to-face classes remotely due to COVID-19. – Includes Lesson pages built in Word and linked through OneDrive.
- Hybrid/Fully Online- Haystack Course structure: For faculty who have completed the OL Certification – Contains Lesson and Activity pages built in HTML and edited within Blackboard.
Add Downloaded Course Package to Blackboard Shell
For this process, you will need to log in to Blackboard and navigate to the course into which you want to import the course package.
Find Import Tool
- Go to Packages and Utilities
- Select Import Package / View Logs
- Select Import Package
Import the Package
- Under the Select a Package heading, click Browse My Computer and locate the course structure .ZIP file you downloaded above.
- Select remote-shell.zip (or haystack.zip) file in your downloads location
- Under the Select Course Materials heading, click Select All, then Submit
- In Course Management menu, click Files, then your course ID (the first item in the expanded Files area)
- At the top of the page, you will see Course Content, followed by your course ID. Click the action link beside the course ID.
- Choose Permissions in the drop down menu
- Look for “Student” in list of roles. It will likely NOT be listed in a new course.
- If “Student” is already listed, confirm students have the Read permission.
- If “Student” is not listed, click Select Roles, then Institution Roles
- Select 01 Student in left window and click the arrow between windows to move it to the right window.
- Below, check to select the Read permission, then Submit.
Contact Online Learning with questions